Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Last Throes of Limited Attempts

Well, we know that limited attempts for bosses is going away and it considered to be a failed experiment in a kind of nanny state to keep the most hardcore players from playing too much. I was very happy about this when I read it and largely decided I could put my hatred of limited attempts behind me.

But limited attempts are taking their final revenge on my guild. Instead of simply saving our instance from week to week in order to keep working on heroic Lich King, we have to clear out the tired bosses we've already killed dozens of times just to reset that counter. So even now I am going to spend about 30% of my raiding time each week just dealing with the limited attempts mechanic. I know it's going away soon, but not soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment